Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wellllllllll it seems as if I have slipped again

It has recently been brought to my attention that I need to update my blog with some of my goings on. Mostly I have been working away on my 100 page project and I am nearing the end of it.

My other major project is working with an inner city school to teach scrapbooking and creative writing. It has been so much fun...........it feels so good to do and share with others that have so little of their own. This particular school deals with a extraordinarily high population of immigrants and refugees...........and the stories and experiences of some of these kids...........no child should ever go through what they have SURVIVED. Their gratitude and appreciation are beyond words.

I put a call out through facebook and a forum that I chatter on and the response has been overwhelming...........leftovers, odds and ends and abandoned product have arrived and the kids are turning it into cards, journals, and scrapbooks. So if you have any products that you want to share drop me a line and I will send you the address.


This is a photo of the table that was filled with design projects from 7 Gypsies. This was a part of what was called a trunk show at Creative Escape in 2009 - just a little behind on my scrapping LOL
Also from 2009 were some photos of "Shamu" at Sandiego's Seaworld. Did you know that they call all the killer whales Shamu? Thats what they told us during the show. Oh and yes I know that after all the fussy cutting and layering I did spell Believe wrong. ..... just typical Dawn.
This is from Christmas 2008, David was so pleased to be getting his computer.
This is another Trunk show table from Creative Escape, this time featuring the lovely Heidi Swapp.
This is a 3-D wreath waiting for framing and a perfect Christmas photo.
This was my favourite table at the Trunk show - TIM HOLTZ - it truly left me speechless, but that is a whole other story.
Every crop you go to these little fella show up somewhere along the line. At Creative Escape I was introduced to coconut flavoured ones and my new love affair began..........but they are soooooo hard to find.
The Pirate dinner theatre that Bob and went to in January of 2009 on our amazing holiday!
A friends wedding layout..............yes I have since corrected the spelling error - lol
A group shot of the family on Mom's maternal side - from 2001
Part of a 8 sided layout - about my feelings and thoughts........
The pyro technic show that took place labour day weekend in Saskatoon in 2010
My funny little Diesel and his charm
The dream come true of a dear friend as she opened her new store in August of 2011. She is also a big supporter of my kids.
The last Christmas that I spent with Mom and Dad in 2008 - Dad is very photogenic when he is not aware of having his photo taken - thank you zoom lenses.
This is a rare photo of the Wyder cousins - taken under sad circumstances - the death of my Grandpa and there are still several missing but it is a treasured photo of mine.
For someone who didn't want t me to bring home a puppy........... quickly changed his tune .....
A former collegue of mine at her wedding. Figured I better scrap some before I forgot names and dates.
More of her wedding
All the really bad photos that I took of Ladybug when she was a brand new puppy. I sure wish I knew how to take photos then............but you do what you can with the lemons you have.


Well time to head out and make smiles on the faces of my kids with this weeks project. I will try to update some more for those that like to pop in and check out my happenings.

No comments: