Monday, September 6, 2010

The Pyrotechnics Display for 210

Those that know me know how much I love to watch fireworks, the past couple of years I have been working on my night photography skills so that I can better capture the fireworks that I love so much. Two years ago when I went I managed to attain about a dozen or so decent shots out of 400+ photos. This year I have over 75 good photos out of 300 so I see that as an improvement.

This years pyrotechnics showcase took place on September 3 &4. The Victoria street bridge was closed so they moved the launch location to the south side of the river bank. Regardless the fireworks were spectacular. This year they offered 3D glasses to watch them with. I personally didn't use the glasses because I personally just think that we should enjoy some things the good old fashion way.

So I thought I would take a few moments to share with you a small number of my favourites. I was mesmerized by the reflection of colors on the river and the silhouettes that the boats created in the photo.







1 comment:

Kate said...

These are great Dawn. I lifted one for my screensaver...hope you don't mind. I am SO sad the bridge closed. It's my fave and I am going to miss it.