Thursday, August 5, 2010

Please support me in my fundraising efforts to raise money for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure is Canada's largest single day, volunteer-led fundraising event dedicated to raising funds for breast cancer research, and education awareness programs.

I am running for a number of people and reasons, but mostly I am running for me. I am a survivor and I am proud of it. Grant it I was caught early and I did not undergo the extreme degree of treatment that my mother and several friends have gone through. I was lucky, very lucky....this time.If we don't find the cure for this and other forms of cancer, I may not be so lucky next time.

I can't single handedly turn over a check worth hundreds or thousands of dollars that are needed to fight this disease. What I can do, is take myself out of the comfort zone and work hard to attain a small portion. I can ask you my friends and family to donate to this cause and help prevent it from touching someone that you love and want to protect. I am running with the hopes that my daughter and future granddaughters, my mom and my dear friends will not have go through this or go through it again.

I could choose just to walk the 5K and I know that is well within my abilities - what I am choosing is to make myself work harder and earn your support. So I have started with the survivors running clinic and last night I ran 6 min of the 24 we were out for. I am determined that in 10 weeks, I will along with the other ladies of my team and those in the clinic will RUN the entire 5k but don't expect and speed records (LOLOLOL).

So please take a moment from your busy lives and pledge a weeks worth of coffee at Tim's or take a bag lunch and pledge the amount you would have spent for lunch. Big or small each donation brings us one step closer to never seeing this happen to a loved one again.

Dawn Marie

No comments: