Monday, January 25, 2010

I Finally Have Set Foot Back on Canadian Terra Firma

Well first off my dear blog peeps I aplogize for not getting my followup post to the educators tutorial up yesterday. Wireless connections in the airports were horrible and despite my very best efforts I couldn't get things to work very well. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I am going to jump right in and share with you finished pages and how to turn "totally ruined" to TOTALLY FABULOUS!

This page background was finished off with laying the chipboard letters from the framed fonts and misting lightly over them and adding a gold sticker sentiment to the heart.

As you can see I gave this layout a bit of a twist and decided to do all the black doodling by hand, and then added the green sparkle to highlight it all.

So right now some of you are sitting there shaking your head going I could never, I would mess it up. Well let me tell you my dear scrappy friends that we never make mistakes what we do is make are CREATIVE ALTERATIONS and we should embrace them.

So here you have my sheet of paper that I was using to try and make the layouts above. Now I admit that I was already to just write this sheet of cardstock off and the glimmer mist wasted. Well shame on me. After some contemplation I decided that there had to be something I could do to make them usable.

Well here they are !
I grabbed my favourite black sharpie and started my doodling. But now I have to tell you that I then made a HUGE doodling creative alteration that I thought for sure would write this off ........but some rooting around in my sticker collection made me realize that I could use these to finish off my creative alteration.
For this Creative Alteration I pulled out my Tattered angel swirl stamps, and Sharpie and the two together have given me an amazing card front. This time I used a opalescent glitter to accent flourishes and curves.

So don't feel bad about using your Glimmer Mist because even your oooops will become beautiful works of art.

1 comment:

KMP Photography said...

These look awesome and can't wait to give them a try! I know I could use an opps or two to release my creative element.