Friday, May 22, 2009

Saskatchewan Talent Rocks!




Just went and picked up the summer edition of Canadian Scrapbooker and you are not going to believe the amount of amazing and talented Scrap artists from Saskatoon and area that are adorning the pages. You know what the best part of it all is........... I get to call them my good Friends.

I am so proud of this issue, did I mention that yet? Ah, right lets get on with the recognition of these amazing women.
Here are our top winners from Saskatoon Scraps Andrea Hipkin (right) and Sheryl Schmidt (center) with Canadian Scrapbooker Editor and Co-founder Jackie Ludlage. This is first time enteries for both girls and they just swept up the awards.

Look at this award winning layout and the this photo does it no justice (the magazine is better)
Sheryl Schmidt entered for the first time and not only this winning layout but several honourable mentions at the Saskatoon Scraps Event in March.

This cute and funny layout is by Amanda Lepage she won the Saskatoon Fall Crop'n Cruise Crop with this wonderful tribute to her family friend.



Leica Forrest is rocking out with her contributions to the magazine these two are my favourites of the several she had featured.
Karen Pidskalney is recognizing a first as she did an amazing job of taking photographs at Saskatoon Crops and provided these photos for Canadian Scrapbooker so congrats to her on her first publication.

I will also add that Jackie was very gracious to include a fantastic shot of the journal that I made for her and to add to my glowing face a wonderful photo showing all of the journals that were made for Saskatoon Crops. This is my first time to be published in print and I am flattered by it. Thank you Jackie for making my dream a reality.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This ROCKS!!! BUT, the last paragraph didn't really do it justice so I will paraphrase:

Dawn flattered us all by gifting everyone at the table with a 100% GORGEOUS original creation that SO deserved publication. Laden with the elements of everything that is Dawn, she misted, distressed and inked her way to a fabulous notebook that is sure to give us inspiration simply by looking at the front cover!

Thanks again Dawn, I treasure mine and only just brought myself to write in it the other day. My idea book is so pretty how can I NOT write in it? LOL

CONGRATULATIONS to all the FAB Saskie girls in this issue!