Monday, December 15, 2008

Good Morning = for Snowmen and Yeti

Good Morning My Friends and welcome to a balmy - 29C and throw in a little windchill factor and you have a perfect weather for Snowmen and Yeti. I wonder if anyone at work would mind if I stayed at home today and kept nice and warm......... Well I am going to have to apply my favourite saying to myself "Suck it up Buttercup"

In the mean time I have some the rest of my 12 cards of Christmas to share with you. Day 8 - The pop up card. I don't tend to do a lot of cute stamps like many of my fellow stampers check out the great snowman ones on Just Cre8. However, I thought this card turned out relatively well with the Stamping Up Coffee sets.

Day 9 - For those that you have looked not once or twice fear not it is a botched card techniqe. I tried to do the sand and emboss technique from Tim Holtz day 11 it was perfect until I glued the tiles to the card. So be warned do not glue your tiles that were sanded and embossed. Despite the botch on the technique it is still a cute card. Not sure you can see that there are tone on tone snowflakes on the white part of the card.

For Day 10 - Amanda challenged us to decorate the inside of our cards as well as the outside. I took some rusted metal snowflakes and turned them into my own masks with distress inks and Glimmer Mist. It is a subtle but effective technique. When I did the inside of the card I glimmer misted the inside and then used the snowflake as my embellishment.

Day 11 - is about using up your scraps, in an attempt to make my 500 cards for the troops I don't think this is going to be a challenge. So I have included a collection of cards that I have created using bits and pieces.


Day 12 - I loved the multiple mask and inking techniques that Tim Holtz used on his 12 tags of Christmas. So this card was inspired by this technique. I then used cuttlebug embossing folders on Grunge board with my Quixkutz; I used a combination of Tattered angels Glimmer Mist and Distress Inks and some copper pigment ink to get a elegant dimensional looking card.

Well thre you have it the 12 days of Cards for 2008. For those of you that will find the next few days filled with Christmas Chaos and no time to check on blogs -

From Our House to Yours - Merry Christmas and Happy New Years

No comments: