Monday, September 1, 2008

Reflecting on Days Gone By


This is just the beginning of a whole lot of scrapping that I am going to be doing over the coming months. I am now at a place in my life where I am truly happy with most of it. Face it I don't think anyone is ever a 100% happy and if they are then they have no dreams or goals to achieve.

I have hundreds and hundreds of photos that I have developed and for various reasons I never scrapped them. I have chosen to spend the next few months scrapping them in the style and methods that appeal to me. I think I lost myself in an effort to scrap in a style that would make publishers happy, and to share with my students. I love to share my passion for scrapping and would and will happily continue to share with those that ask for my help. Only now I am going to follow my heart and scrap with my textures and interactive features. I am ready to deal with photos that had bitter sweet memories, that I longed to scrap so I could remember the good but the more recent negative actions stopped me from enjoying those memories.

The layout above is just such a layout - the photo was one that I had taken of the flowers that were sent to me by a gentleman that treated me like a princess when things were good. The parting of ways was less than kind. Now I am happy and I can truly appreciate the many wonderful things he did and it is time to finish recording the wonderful times we shared. Not to mention the few dozen photos that were printed off to do that - smile.

I love scrapping - it is what keeps me sane in a crazy world. Is it cheaper than a psychiatrist - probably not - grin. However, my family and friends will have a better understanding of who I am, what I felt, and why I did what I did.

So forget what your supposed to scrap, forget what you think you SHOULD scrap, and just scrap from your heart. You will be amazed at how good it feels.

No comments: