Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's are people too!

Happy Mothers Day!

I have a great respect for my Mom and the amazing example she has been for me. I hope she knows how special she is to me. I think of all the things that I would like to have known about my Mom and her life from her younger years. I would love to have known her thoughts and feelings as she struggled through the tough times and enjoyed the good times.

So I am creating an album that will serve two purposes - First I want a written history for my kids that records my feelings and thoughts. I want them to know that there were aspects to me that you as a mother never show your kids. I would like my daughter 20 years from now to be able to look at this album and say - my mom went through these same feelings and she was a good person so I will also get through this period and I am still going to be fine.

The second reason for this album is to assist the man in my life in understanding what it is that I need, want and desire. I have been told a hundred times that they don't understand where I am coming from or what I want. I am sure every man in my life has at one point or another looked me in the eye and said - "Your amazing, your wonderful but I don't understand if your old fashioned or modern. Do you want me to lead or are you taking the lead."

Each of these layouts that I am showing you are apart of "Knowing your Dawn and How to Look After Her". I have a large number of layouts to do with this book. There will be hidden journalling on every page. I don't have an issue with the kids seeing these pages I just don't think they need to know my thoughts and feelings just yet.

There are a few healing pages as well - Where the journalling talks about specific relationships or people but within that page is also the lesson that I learned about myself and/or what I know to be true about my needs and desires for the future.

So I wish you all a Happy Mother's Day and hope that you will start recording the feelings and aspects of your life that Mother's don't typically share with children. So that one day they will know you at deeper level as they struggle through the same inner challenges.


4 comments:

scrappaleica said...

happy mother's day Dawn. I think this album is a brilliant idea! can't wait to see more!!!!

Amanda said...

Hey girl, that "sensual" LO looks amazing! I don't think I've seen that one IRL. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day...miss ya!

coRinne not connie said...

you totally are inspiring girl! keep on going! miss ya!

Julie Cortens said...

The album is a great idea Dawn and I am sure not an easy one. I would have to dig really deep to get any meaningful journalling and hey it took me three weeks just to get my April challange at JSI (scrapbook a page about ourselves) down on paper! Your kids will really appreciate this.